Why do we value our volunteers?
We value each and every volunteer and the great contribution you bring to Islamic Relief, including:
- Fresh insight: You contribute new ideas and perspectives, as well as energy and lots of enthusiasm!
- Crucial support: You provide practical support to Islamic Relief, helping us to reach new donors and supporters, as well as increasing the impact of our presence within local communities
- Public promotion: You act as ambassadors and advocates for Islamic Relief’s mission, values and causes
- Changes in culture: You help create a culture of giving, showing the importance of donating time (not only money) to serve worthwhile causes
What are the benefits of volunteering?
Not only does the time you dedicate to Islamic Relief help us with our work, but it also brings some great personal benefits for each and every volunteer, including:
- Personal satisfaction: You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with a cause you are passionate about
- Innovation and challenge: You’ll be able to try something new and different. Challenge yourself and try something new!
- Personal satisfaction: You’ll know that you’ve done something important by helping to save and transform people’s lives
- Personal development: You’ll develop a range of key personal and professional skills
- Recognition: You’ll gain recognition for all of your hard work
Our commitment to volunteers
Islamic Relief was built upon the hard work and dedication of selfless volunteers and we believe volunteering can be of positive and of mutual benefit to the organisation and the individual. As such, we are committed to investing in and supporting volunteers.
We will endeavour to:
- Offer valuable volunteering opportunities
- Provide a chance to develop new skills and experiences
- Meet good practice in volunteer management standards
- Where possible, involve volunteers in all aspects of our work
We will provide opportunities for growth by developing training programmes and recognising volunteer achievements. We will also aim to conduct a yearly feedback survey to gain insights into how our volunteers feel and where we can improve. Such crucial feedback will therefore help us to guide and shape our volunteer initiatives.