If you’re unsure of the ins and outs of Eid salah, take a look at our handy guide below!*
- Make the intention to perform Eid prayer
- Give the opening takbeer (‘Allahu Akbar’) with the imam
- Say the opening supplication quietly to yourself
- Give 3 more takbeer with the imam, raising your hands out for each
- Listen to the imam recite Surah al-Fatihah and an additional surah
- Say ‘Allahu Akbar’ while moving into ruku with the imam and complete the prayer cycle as usual
- In the second prayer cycle, listen to the imam recite Surah al-Fatihah and an additional surah
- Give 3 additional takbeer with the imam. After the third and final takbir, place your hands to your sides before ruku
- Say ‘Allahu Akbar’ while moving into the bowing position with the imam and complete the prayer cycle as usual
Allah Akbar! From everyone at Islamic Relief, we’d like to wish you and your loved ones Eid Mubarak! Thank you for your continued support.
Please note: This is the Hanafi method of performing Eid prayer. If the imam recites more takbeer, please follow the imam.