Discover Cheddar Gorge!
At almost 400ft (122m) deep and 3 miles (4.8km) long, this is England’s largest gorge, and with its weathered crags and pinnacles, one of our most spectacular natural sights found in the UK.
Cheddar Gorge offers a breathtaking walk along the cliff tops, fantastic views over the Somerset countryside and a great opportunity to spot wildlife.
Discover somewhere new this Autumn and Dare to take on the Cheddar Gorge Challenge!
Giving children a chance through Charity Week
A staggering 1 in 5 children worldwide live in extreme poverty. And that’s why Charity Week is so important!
A 100% volunteer-led campaign in support of orphans and needy children, Charity Week last year raised over a record breaking £1.4 million to help children across the globe in desperate need of our support.
Running from 25th to 31st October this yearly week of action is the time when we call on YOU to get online, get outdoors and get fundraising to help children in need!
Support children in need by taking on the annual Charity Week Snowdon Challenge
At Islamic Relief, we don’t believe in simply providing one-off care to support children and orphans in need. We instead invest in children’s long-term futures, supporting their families, carers and local communities to provide long-lasting safe sustainable solutions to poverty and inequality.
We work to provide child-friendly safe spaces, empower communities and develop long-term solutions to poverty and critical issues such as human trafficking (child labour) and child marriage.
We support children across the globe in a variety of ways, including:
- Sponsoring orphaned children across the globe, providing schooling, regular meals and financial support for carers/families
- Providing Syrian refugee children with critical education, housing and nutritional support
- Offering critical food aid to severely malnourished children in conflict-fuelled Yemen
- Ensuring that children living with disabilities and the trauma of war in Gaza can access critical medical and psychosocial care
- Developing integrated child-friendly villages in Mali, offering new classrooms and teaching materials, latrines for both boys and girls, water wells and microdams to provide a source of clean safe water for everyone and critically: the means to earn an income
By providing nutritional services, health care, water solutions, education and family livelihood support, as well as striving to tackle critical issues including gender-based violence, child labour and climate change with affect local communities and in particular young girls, we’re not only transforming futures; we’re saving lives.
Save a life today, support Charity Week and help orphans and needy children today.