Just £20 a month can help provide an orphan with a university scholarship
Just £40 a month can help provide orphaned children with university scholarships
A chance to shine
Education can be the key to a brighter future, opening many opportunities to develop, grow and escape the brutal cycle of poverty.
Every child deserves an education and thankfully, through Islamic Relief’s orphan sponsorship programme, all sponsored orphans are provided access to an education. However, for those children that excel at school, there is no clear future pathway for them to realise their true potential due to limited higher education opportunities.
Higher Education Scholarship Fund
This where we step in to help. Here at Islamic Relief, we strive to ensure that orphans in need are given the means to excel at school and then go on to higher education. Through our higher education scholarship fund, children are then able to shine brightly and fulfil their dreams.
From as little as £20 per month, you can help provide orphans with a university scholarship, so that they can attend university, gain a degree and then go onto a profession that enables them to break free from poverty.
Not only do these scholarships support young people through university and beyond, but the positive outcomes are far wider-reaching. Benefitting generation after generation within even a single family, they also bring blessings to the wider community. SubhanAllah!
Supporting children in need
At Islamic Relief, we don’t believe in simply providing one-off care to support children and orphans in need. We instead invest in children’s long-term futures, supporting their families, carers and local communities to provide long-lasting safe sustainable solutions to poverty and inequality.
We work to provide child-friendly safe spaces, empower communities and develop long-term solutions to poverty and critical issues such as human trafficking (child labour) and child marriage.
We support children across the globe in a variety of ways, including:
- Sponsoring orphaned children across the globe, providing schooling, regular meals and financial support for carers/families
- Providing Syrian refugee children with critical education, housing and nutritional support
- Offering critical food aid to severely malnourished children in conflict-fuelled Yemen
- Ensuring that children living with disabilities and the trauma of war in Gaza can access critical medical and psychosocial care
- Developing integrated child-friendly villages in Mali, offering new classrooms and teaching materials, latrines for both boys and girls, water wells and microdams to provide a source of clean safe water for everyone and critically: the means to earn an income
By providing nutritional services, health care, water solutions, education and family livelihood support, as well as striving to tackle critical issues including gender-based violence, child labour and climate change with affect local communities and in particular young girls, we’re not only transforming futures; we’re saving lives.
Donate to Islamic Relief and help save lives.