Orphan Charity: Save a child’s life today
Every child deserves the best start in life: a happy home, a safe place to play and access to quality education, medical care and nutrition.
However, for the 1 in 5 children worldwide living in extreme poverty, many of these simple necessities and rights are out of reach. Instead, their life is incredibly challenging, with the risk of illiteracy, disease, child labour, lifelong poverty and even death. Donate to orphans and children today and help save lives.
can provide 3 malnourished lactating mothers and their babies with medical treatment
can provide education and school kits to 5 families
can help supply a paediatric unit with ICU and medical essentials
Living in refugee camps, traumatised by war or simply unable to go to school in their local community due to crippling poverty, these children lack the means to keep safe at home, access critical education and medical and/or psychosocial care. Their futures look unsafe, uncertain and bleak.
“The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: ‘I and the one who looks after an orphan will be like this in Paradise,’ showing his middle and index fingers and separating them.” (Bukhari)
By getting involved in Charity Week, or sponsoring an orphan, you can help save and transform the lives of vulnerable children around the world.
Supporting Orphans and Children
At Islamic Relief, we don’t believe in simply providing one-off care to support children and orphans in need. We instead invest in children’s long-term futures, supporting their families, carers and local communities to provide long-lasting safe sustainable solutions to poverty and inequality.
We work to provide child-friendly safe spaces, empower communities and develop long-term solutions to poverty and critical issues such as human trafficking (child labour) and child marriage.
- Our global Orphan Sponsorship Programme supports over 72,000 children in 27 countries
- In 2020 we spent £27.1m to support thousands of vulnerable children access food, water, education and healthcare
We support children across the globe in a variety of ways, including:
- Sponsoring orphaned children across the globe, providing schooling, regular meals and financial support for carers/families
- Providing Syrian refugee children with critical education, housing and nutritional support
- Offering critical food aid to severely malnourished children in conflict-fuelled Yemen
- Ensuring that children living with disabilities and the trauma of war in Gaza can access critical medical and psychosocial care
- Developing integrated child-friendly villages in Mali, offering new classrooms and teaching materials, latrines for both boys and girls, water wells and microdams to provide a source of clean safe water for everyone and critically: the means to earn an income
By providing nutritional services, health care, water solutions, education and family livelihood support, as well as striving to tackle critical issues including gender-based violence, child labour and climate change with affect local communities and in particular young girls, we’re not only transforming futures; we’re saving lives.
Save a life today, help orphans and needy children today.