Men, women and children – travelling on their own or with their families – who fled their homes in search of safety, are now planning their return home. These people are in desperate need of immediate food, water and medical assistance.
Approximately 2,000 people are returning home to Mosul on a daily basis, and this number is expected to accelerate dramatically in the coming weeks and months.
The conflict has also left Mosul’s infrastructure in ruin. Thousands of buildings have been severely damaged or completely destroyed. Initial reports suggest the destruction is far greater than expected, and is likely to cost billions of dollars to rebuild.
- Food security: To continue supporting the most vulnerable families with life-saving food assistance
- Non-Food items: To provide essential non-food items such as household kits, hygiene kits, kitchen sets etc.
- Water, sanitation and hygiene: To provide safe and clean drinking water, as well as rehabilitating and restoring water sources, small water networks and sewage systems
- Restoration of infrastructure: To restore the damaged public infrastructure including schools and health facilities
- Cleaning public places: To remove the debris of destroyed buildings as well as piles of waste and garbage from the main streets of Mosul
With your help, we can continue to provide food and water to those in desperate need as well as restore essential public infrastructure. Together we can help to provide a better and brighter future to those affected by this conflict.
Please donate now.