The value of volunteering
Why we value you – our volunteers:
- You bring new ideas and perspectives
- You provide practical support to Islamic Relief, helping us to reach new donors and supporters, as well as increasing the impact of our presence within communities
- You act as ambassadors and advocates for Islamic Relief’s mission, values and causes
- You help to create a culture of giving – giving time to serve the cause, not just giving money.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Opportunities to get involved with a cause you are passionate about
- Try something new and different – challenge yourself!
- Personal satisfaction – go home knowing you have done something to help save or transform lives
- Develop a range of personal and professional skills
- Gain recognition for your hard work
Roles and responsibilities
We offer a wide range of voluntary opportunities and aim to match you to specific departments that you have an interest in, so you can make the most of the time you give. Below are some of the roles you could get involved in:
Fundraising volunteer – Help us raise much needed funds, whilst working within your local community. Responsibilities include:
- Administration: making phone calls, writing letters and filing
- Events: planning, promotion, set up and execution
- Fundraising: bucket collections, stalls, fundraising events and much more
- Being an ambassador for IR, representing us at different events
- Putting your skills to use in helping our fundraising teams raise more funds
Campaign volunteer – Support campaigns that aim to bring about positive long-term change. Responsibilities include:
- Attending networking meetings and public mobilisation events
- Being an ambassador for Islamic Relief campaigns and advocacy work
- Encouraging and mobilising others to get involved
- Undertaking research and report on findings
- General administration tasks
Office volunteer – work at the helm of Islamic Relief UK, providing vital support. We have opportunities within various departments such as HR, ICT, facilities, media, marketing and programmes. Responsibilities include:
- Specific departmental tasks and responsibilities
- Representing Islamic Relief at events/activities
- Attending team meetings and contributing to discussions to achieve departmental goals
- Administration tasks such as data entry, copying and filing
Live appeal volunteer – be the first port of call for our donors during our live TV appeals during Ramadan and major emergencies. Responsibilities include:
- Answering telephones to take donations and respond to queries during live TV appeals
- Making sure that all calls are correctly dealt with and logged
- When required, informing callers of Islamic Relief’s history, vision and programmes
- General administrative tasks
Charity shop volunteer – an opportunity to serve our customers whilst helping to create and manage the look and feel of the shop. Responsibilities include:
- Providing excellent customer service and responding to queries
- Sorting and pricing stock
- Completing sales transactions and processing donations
- Assisting in stock management and ordering
- Visual merchandising
If you would like to volunteer your time and help make a difference, please complete the application form HERE and remember to attach an ID with the form.
Once we have received your application form and ID (passport, driver’s licence, birth certificate) please allow us up to 14 working days to process your application form.
Please note that we screen all our volunteers. Once accepted you’ll be required to attend an induction and comply with the policies and procedures set out by Islamic Relief.
Get in touch
If you have any queries, please get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we shall endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.