Islamic Relief is seeking enthusiastic, highly-motivated, dynamic Graduate or Post Graduate student Interns who believe in our mission and share our values to maintain the excellence for which we strive.
Through the Internships Scheme we hope to attract and train the next generation of faith inspired humanitarians who can perform in a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
Islamic Relief’s Internship Programme is an opportunity for graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to undergo work experience within a truly global humanitarian organisation. Upon completion, you will be equipped to pursue a career within the Humanitarian Sector
With a combination of work assignments and practical experience, the roles are designed to give you a through insight and understanding in a variety of functions, including:
- Human Resources
- Research and Development
- Passionate about serving the needs of the most vulnerable people on this planet and want to explore what it means to work in the Humanitarian Sector
- Highly-motivated, dynamic with strong communications skills and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A Graduate or Post Graduate student with a minimum honours degree in the last 2 years
- An understanding of humanitarian and development work
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proactive and able to use initiative to get things done and prioritise his or her work
- Strong written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Committed to learning and fulfilling the Internships Scheme
- Committed to Islamic Relief faith inspired values and core humanitarian principles
- Able to travel to the field if required for up to 4 weeks in challenging environments (All expenses will be paid)
If you are a recent graduate wanting to start your career in the humanitarian sector, willing to learn, positive, inquisitive and can commit to a three months unpaid internship in Birmingham or London then we want to hear from you.
To view and apply for our complete list of internships please click here