£35 can provide a family food for a fortnight
£75 can provide three families with hygiene kits for a month.
£100 can provide a family with living essentials including blankets, mattresses and a stove.
Islamic Relief’s £128 million Syria programme
Islamic Relief is distributing food and medicines deep inside Syria, and helping hundreds of thousands of refugees in Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq as well as Syrian refugees fleeing across the Mediterranean. The Syrian crisis has become so overwhelming, and funds so overstretched, that aid agencies are having to choose which people get help and which are left to fend for themselves. It’s a problem no refugee should have to face, and a choice no aid worker should have to make. With 12 million people affected, we need your support more than ever before to keep hunger and disease at bay and keep hope alive. Please give your support and donate to Syria.
The Islamic Relief Syria Crisis response has been a £128 million programme, which has provided assistance to 3 million Syrians so far. 2.2 million of those are inside Syria itself in areas including Aleppo, Idlib and Homs, as well as supporting refugees in Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon. We have been able to reach 1.28 million people in need in Syria and many more in neighbouring countries. With a worsening situation where the crisis has entered it’s third year, our 2014 aid programme has included:
- Food provided for 654,438 people inside Syria
- Medical assistance for 438,742 patients inside Syria
- Shelter (tents, caravans and rent support) for 91,758 people inside Syria
- 73,830 food vouchers and parcels for Syrian refugees in Iraq
- Shelter for 2,990 Syrian refugees in Jordan
- Equipping 2 ambulances and providing healthcare for 2,209 ill and injured Syrian refugee patients in Lebanon
- 158 Syrian children in Lebanon received psychosocial support to help them cope
Islamic Relief provided assistance to 2.1 million Syrians so far. 1.4 million of those are inside Syria itself, in areas including Aleppo, Idlib and Homs; the remainder are refugees in Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon. Our 2013 aid programme included:
- Providing 73 ambulances and mobile health clinics
- Medical treatment for 46,889 injured and sick patients
- 664,340 food parcels and vouchers
- 125,199 blankets and mattresses
- Shelter (tents, caravans and rent support) for 20,062 people
- 5,321,423 medical disposables and pieces of equipment
In addition, we also provided baby food and nappies, hygiene kits, clean water, heaters and fuel, cooking sets, clothes…and much more. As the crisis in Syria deepens, more and more families are fleeing their homes and seeking sanctity in neighbouring countries. Approximately 36% of Syrian refugees are under the age of 12, growing up in makeshift accommodation. Islamic Relief is continuing the emergency relief response amid the insecurity, with support for Syrians inside Syria as well as for those that have fled to neighbouring countries.