Head of Fundraising
Salary: £47,982 per annum (including London weighting) – (Negotiable depending on experience)
Base location: Waterloo, London
Closing date: Upon successful appointment
An excellent opportunity has arisen in Islamic Relief UK for an exceptionally talented and experienced individual to join us as the Head of Fundraising. As a member of the UK Executive board and reporting to the UK Director, the Head of Fundraising will be expected to contribute to the overall strategic direction and management of Islamic Relief (UK). The post holder will be required to provide leadership and management to the fundraising team and be directly responsible for all areas of fundraising, in particular, developing and leading on the effective and efficient implementation of sustainable fundraising and volunteering strategies. As the Head of Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for setting annual fundraising income and expenditure budgets, achieving and exceeding income targets whilst being able to lead, inspire and develop a large and diverse national team.
The Successful Candidate must have:
- Must have proven senior management and leadership skills & experience.
- Must demonstrate ability to strategies, plan, prioritise and delegate to ensure successful delivery of work.Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets (both financial and non-financial).
- Sound financial and resource management experience which enables department goals to be achieved within budgetary constraints.
- Excellent understanding and insight into international development and humanitarian work.
- Experience in writing effective and persuasive project proposals, as well as communication materials and resources.
- Must have good knowledge and experience of various Fundraising models.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Must have experience of generating positive publicity from local/national media.
Events & Challenges Co-ordinator
Salary: £30,540 per annum (including London weighting)
Base location: London, UK
Contract: Fulltime, Permanent
Closing date: 24/11/2015
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) for an experienced and exceptionally talented individual to join the fundraising department as the Events and Challenges Co-ordinator. Reporting to the National Community Fundraising and Volunteering Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of the events and challenges strategy plan and play a key role in developing & delivering agreed events and challenges in support of the fundraising strategy whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service to ensure that the participants have the best experience possible in a cost effective manner. The successful candidate will also contribute to the input of the development and implementation of departmental strategic objectives.
The Successful Candidate must have:
- Experience of fundraising through organising and delivering events & challenges
- Experience of the development, delivery and monitoring and evaluation of annual plans and budgets
- Experience of delivering exceptional donor/customer care
- Experience of producing a range of effective communications
- Understanding of the different types of fundraising events and challenges
- Good understanding of charity law, policy and regulatory environment within which charities operate
- Knowledge of Institute of Fundraising codes of practice
- Understanding and experience of health & safety regulation and risk assessment in organising events and challenges
Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Competitive and Negotiable
Base location: Birmingham, UK
Closing date: 25th November 2015
The board of trustees of Islamic Relief Worldwide are looking to appoint a values-driven CEO to provide visionary leadership to IRW, which inspires, engages and motivates employees, supporters and partners, to deliver IRW’s vision and mission and to further develop the organisation’s leading position within the global NGO community.
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack form from below and forwarding the completed form to email@example.com on or before the closing date.
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship. Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer.
To view many more global opportunities within the Islamic Relief Worldwide family, please click Here