Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack form from below and forwarding the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship. Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: £30,540 to £32,988 per annum (Including London Weighting)
Closing date: 31st May 2017
Islamic Relief UK is looking for a HR Advisor with pragmatic people skills to join us as we go through a period of exciting growth and change.
Working closely with the HR Business Partner, the successful candidate will manage a variety of activities including recruitment and selection, absence and attendance management as well as offering an advisory service to managers and staff.
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrable generalist experience in a HR Officer / HR Advisor role.
- Proven experience of providing a HR advisory service to managers and employees specifically covering generalist HR activity and recruitment related activity.
- Proven experience of working in a pro-active way and project managing a variety of recruitment campaigns simultaneously from start to finish.
- Experience of payroll and pensions processes.
- An ability to interact proactively with managers and staff at all levels in the resolution of HR issues.
- Competency based interviewing skills with the ability to identify and write/advise on competency based interview questions.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work within a changing environment and respond to different demands with a sense of urgency.
Major Donor Coordinator (Midlands & North)
Location: London or Regional
Salary: £27,540 per annum (if London-based an additional £3,000 per annum London Weighting)
Closing date: 24th May 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Islamic Relief for an experienced and professional individual to join our fundraising team as Major Donor Coordinator. Reporting to the Head of Major Gifts, the post holder will devise and deliver on strategies which develop and maintain effective relationships with high net worth (HNW) individuals, and other major donors based in the Midlands and North of England regions, utilising various fundraising approaches in order to reach an agreed annual income target. The post holder will be required to represent Islamic Relief and its work to major donors and external stake holder forming partnerships.
If you feel you have meet the requirements below and want to work for an international NGO then we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrable major donor fundraising and relationship management experience, and sales or marketing experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present Islamic Relief’s work professionally to HNW individuals at major donor events
- High level of commercial awareness and professionalism
- Effective time management skills – adept at handling multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising databases
You can also find UK-based opportunities with Islamic Relief Worldwide, and many more global opportunities within the Islamic Relief Worldwide family here