Senior Global Programmes Co-ordinator
Salary: £36,890 to £39,390 per annum (Inc. London Weighting) – pending review
Contract Type: 12 months fixed-term
Closing Date: Extended until 23/10/2016
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is seeking to appoint a professional and experienced individual as Senior Global Programme Coordinator (SGPC) to manage and develop IRUK’s international programme portfolio. The SGPC will work closely with the head of programmes and key stakeholders to ensure delivery, implementation and monitoring of IRUK funded programmes and the provision of specialist technical programme guidance internally to different departments and externally to the donor community.
The SGPC will also build capacity of the global programme co-ordinators, communications, fundraising and supporter relations teams and responding to their requests.
The successful candidate must have:
- A graduate/master’s degree or equivalent experience in development/humanitarian areas
- An in-depth understanding of international humanitarian and development issues
- Significant exposure to and experience of institutional donors and grants i.e., DfID
- Experience of distance management and field work with an international NGO in a developing country
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Effective budgetary control and grant management including institutional
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally at very short notice
Community Fundraising & Volunteer Officer (Wales)
Location: Cardiff (Regional Office)
Salary: £22,440 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30/10/2016
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, resourceful and creative individual to join our dynamic fundraising team as a Community Fundraising & Volunteer Officer (CFV Officer). The post holder will be responsible for developing and optimising community fundraising by setting-up strong volunteer networks across the region. This includes coordinating local events to maximise income and implement key fundraising strategies. The CFV officer will work closely with local donors, community leaders, volunteers and supporters and will be responsible for communicating Islamic Relief’s work to existing and potential new donors.
If you feel that you meet the criteria and want to work for a dynamic international charity, then we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience of recruiting, supervising and developing volunteers for small and large scale fundraising initiatives
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to motivate and manage volunteers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload as they will be in frequent contact with local schools, businesses, mosques and community groups
- Experience of maintaining and developing databases with the ability to report on the local market, development strategies and income and expenditure
- Exceptional communication, networking and organisational skills
Contract Type: Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: on or before 23/10/2016
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, customer focused shop manager to join us at our Islamic Relief charity shop in Birmingham.
The successful candidate must be equipped with the experience and skills for this role as they will have the responsibility for all the day-to-day activities in the shop. They will be required to manage donated stock and money, be commercially aware and driven and also manage a team of volunteers and assistants to ultimately maximise profits for our charitable cause. Read More
Contract Type: Temporary (16 – 24 hours per week | maternity cover up to 12 months)
Closing Date: 23/10/2016
We are currently looking an enthusiastic and customer focused shop assistant to join us at our Islamic Relief charity shop in Birmingham.
The duties will include; assisting the manager in meeting sales targets, handling donations, sorting clothes/items, supervising and supporting volunteers and ensuring the shop is kept clean, presentable and safe. Read More
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack form from below and forwarding the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship. Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer.
To view many more global opportunities within the Islamic Relief Worldwide family, please click Here