RECEPTIONIST AND DEPARTMENT SUPPORT OFFICER
Salary: £17,790 per annum (Including London Weighting)
Location: London, Waterloo Office (UKHO)
Ref: R&DSO/F&S- F/0315
Closing date: 9th April 2015
Islamic Relief Worldwide is looking to recruit a Receptionist & Department Support Officer. The role will offer administrative and logistical support to the Support Services Department, ensuring any queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently. The Post holder will act as first point of contact for visitors, ensuring they receive a warm welcome. S/he will also assist the Facilities and Assets Officer with health and safety and the maintenance of the building while maintain a pleasant appearance of the reception area.
The Successful Candidate:
- Must have demonstrable experience of working in a reception role.
- Must be a team player.
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Be computer literate with experience of MS Word, Excel.
- Have proven administrative skills.
Regional Community Fundraising and Volunteer Manager (London and South)
Salary: £35,640 per annum (Including London Weighting)
Location: Regional Office in London
Closing date: 29th March 2015
An excellent opportunity has arisen in Islamic Relief UK for an experienced and professional individual to join our Fundraising Department as the Community Fundraising & Volunteer (CFV) Manager for the London & South Region. The CFV Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a sustainable community fundraising & volunteering strategy for his/her region in order to raise funds and increase awareness & participation amongst volunteers and supporters. The post holder will be leading the regional team and working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to plan, deliver and evaluate fundraising initiatives and maximise income generation opportunities.
The Successful Candidate:
- Proven fundraising and management skills and experience.
- Substantial experience of setting, managing and delivering on challenging targets.
- Good knowledge of traditional and non-traditional Community Fundraising models.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- Proven ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail, working to strict deadlines, and managing multiple accounts and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent inter-personal skills including diplomacy, tact and listening skills.
- Experience of managing and leading a large volunteer network.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from the link below and forward the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship. Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer.