Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack form from below and forwarding the completed form to email@example.com on or before the closing date.
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship. Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer.
Contract: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £27,888 per annum (inc. London Weighting)
Closing date: Midnight on Friday 23rd June 2017
An excellent opportunity has arisen in Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) for a dynamic individual to join our Communications Department as a Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the post holder will be responsible for delivering high quality, innovative and expressive media that reflects IR’s progressive humanitarian work on a national and international level. The post holder will be working on most visual and design material, producing publications for each campaign.
The successful candidate must have:
- Have a qualification or relevant experience in Graphic Design
- Have specialist knowledge and experience of using graphic design software i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proven experience of producing designs from the concept stage
- Experience in storyboarding and presenting ideas creatively
- Have excellent research skills to successfully market products aimed at Islamic Relief’s diverse donor base
- Co-operative and supportive team player with an ability to work within cross organisational teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and innovative approach to work
- Able to work on own initiative
- Experience of working within the Humanitarian sector is desirable
- Experience of video production would be advantageous
You can also find UK-based opportunities with Islamic Relief Worldwide, and many more global opportunities within the Islamic Relief Worldwide family here.